Tuesday 9 February 2016

Good Evening Ladies.
No, this is not a hair post but I feel a need to open our minds a bit.I overheard this conversation; "Buyer: You don't have any cream that can just,you know,brighten me small? Seller: But ma your black no dirty o. Buyer:Ah,please my boyfriend likes fair sisi." Why? Why do we have to fit into another person's standard? Aren't we created to achieve?to be ambitious?to fulfil a purpose? Why throw it all away, live less, think and spend less on ourselves because we fear that if we live lavishly or if we achieve too much we stand no chance of getting married? That is BACKWARD! Bash me all you will but I say authoritatively, marriage is not an achievement, it is a choice. Yes, it has its own blessings, but if you are not ready physically, spiritually and emotionally, STAY AWAY! For my married women and mothers,I speak not because I know too much but I learn from the experiences of people.Domestic violence and verbal abuse doesn't start in one day.you must see signs,I mean what happened during your courtship?some women get hit by their fiances and still go ahead to marry him! You made your choice. Being single is not a curse! Be who you're created to be.It is bad enough that we try hard to be equal with men.No.How many men can do half the things we do? If you don’t like being a doormat then get off the floor.Define your relationship and stand by it. We don't talk.That’s why we don’t get what we want. People think at the end of the day that a man is the only answer. Actually a job is better for me. I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. I believe in the woman who doesn't need to hide behind her husband's back. I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don't play victim, you don't make yourself look pitiful, you don't point fingers. You stand and you deal. A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with. I’ve often thought it unfair that women are expected to stay at home when there’s a fight to be won. If a woman has the strength to bear a child, she can swing a sword as well as any man.A man that cannot add value to your life should not interrupt your greatness.The day you say "f* ‪#‎k‬ it!" and let go of that pointless person you've been holding on to is the day life gets better.A busy,goal oriented woman is much more attractive than a woman who waits on a man to validate her existence.Drink water, take care of your vagina, stay moisturized, love yourself and sit on your throne like a Black Queen that you are.
    This beautiful piece was written by Sylvia Egwuatu. #She'sTrulyAfrican #SheRocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment